The theatre holds an undeniable magic. Once you've been exposed to it, you can never shake it. Introduce your child to the magical world of drama by enrolling them in our acting classes. Be You Arts offers hands-on classes and audition training for children and adolescents in Northfield, NJ. They'll learn how to effectively embody the character of another and own the stage with confidence. With our training, you could have a little Patti LuPone or Lin-Manuel Miranda on your hands.
Sign your child up for acting classes today.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: Using nursery rhymes, puppets, and music, the students imagination will be enhanced! This exploration will allows a student to build confidence by developing the basic skills of singing, acting and dancing.
- 1st-2nd grade: At this level students start to discover performance techniques through acting, singing, and dance activities. In addition to laying the groundwork for budding performers, this class will equip children with invaluable new abilities like public speaking skills, and strong emotional intelligence.
- 3rd-4th grade: In this class we start to educate the student on character development, script work, and phrasing in music - performance techniques that will help them shine. We teach students the ability to "tell the story" and not just "act" in these lessons.
- 5th-8th grade: Students will focus on technique and perform in a more "advanced" environment as they work towards a full-scale show. This class focuses on a deeper level of character work. Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you doing it? What are you trying to achieve? These questions allow the student to stay in character through the whole production so that they'll react as opposed to "act". It's important to keep that perspective that at this age self doubt starts to creep in. We strive to give them the tools to overcome those fears.
- 8th grade to high school: This is a "By-Audition Only" class for advanced students. Students will work with a musical director/choreographer/and director with a final show. This will challenge them on levels of character development, stage presence, moving with purpose, spatial awareness, phrasing within a song, harmonies, and dance performance technique. This class will give you the tools needed to master any audition.
- Musical Theatre Dance/Sing Class aka "Dance for Singers" is designed for busy theatre students to learn a combination of musical theatre dance, jazz, and multiple Broadway styles. This class is especially unique - you will be working with both a vocal Instructor and a choreographer. Class concludes with a showcase within the studio where you will perform various genres of musical theatre routines.
- Dance for Singers: Busy students will learn a combination of musical theatre dance, jazz and popular Broadway styles
- Drop-in Dance Classes: All ages are welcome for this dance class. Schedule is posted one week before class begins. Please sign up 24 hours in advance
When your child's sibling sees how much fun their brother or sister is having, they'll want to join too. Family discounts are available when multiple children are enrolled.
If you're in the Northfield, NJ area and want to sign your child up for acting classes or audition training, call 856-266-4154 today. All classes require a $100 deposit along with a $25 non-refundable annual registration fee.